Monday, August 10, 2015

Baby Names

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night (aka 10pm because I went to bed at 6pm) gasping for air and feeling like all the moisture from my body had been sucked dry from me. What a kind reminder that I am back in the state of Utah and not in the wonderful, beautiful, and wet state of New Hampshire. But really, I can deal because it's only a few more weeks until fall and then I will mostly like this state again.

I plan on writing a little about what we did in New Hampshire but it'll take me a bit of time to remember all the stuff we did and on what day. Plus even though I woke up at 7:00am, I fully expect my wonderful daughter to wake up at any moment, so this quick post will have to do.

As of yesterday, I am 10 weeks! This is a mile stone I was really looking forward to because the chances of miscarriage drastically go down, and since we had a scare a few weeks ago, I finally feel like I can breath a little bit better. So that means we have 8 more weeks till we find out how the dynamics are going to change in our house. Are the girls going to over take the household by three or will we even out our numbers with a boy? The waiting is seriously the hardest part about being pregnant for me.

What Penelope will look like in 6 more months! :)
Naturally, we've already started thinking up baby names since we don't have one picked for either gender this time--but when we finally decide we'll be keeping it a secret till baby's debut. I would surprisingly love to hear your opinions on which names you really like since there are quite a few and we love them all so much it's hard to narrow down. I maybe might even like hearing suggestions of other names since none of these names have really felt like the one yet. Which really isn't too worrisome to us though because we wont actually make a final decision until baby is here. Penelope was supposed to be Penelope Fay or Penelope Jane and she didn't look like either of them (and we didn't come up with alternatives either. Oops) and yet somehow we found Alayna and it fits her personality so well. But alas, I'm digressing. Here our our choices so far:

Boy Names:

Arie
Beckett
Bennett
Boston
Bowen
Bridger
Brooks
Channing
Cooper
Dawson
Emerson
Finn
Holden
Keagan
Madden
Mckay
Nathanael
Tucker

Some of these names will most likely be names we use for future sons assuming we have more boys (assuming we have more children).

Girl Names:

Adele
America
Bay
Baylor
Blaire
Blakely
Brenna
Bryn/Brynn
Daphne
Elsa
Esme
Gracelyn
Irelyn/Irelynn
Isla (pronounced: eye-la)
Italia
Leighton
Liberty
Lorelei
Maeve
Payton
Rosalie
Rowan
Taryn

As you can see, we're really into names that aren't super common but not necessarily weird (though I'm sure you could argue that some of these names are...)

Also, apparently we really like names that start with "B".

And just for fun the names that I liked a lot that I couldn't sell Jesse on:

Girl: Josephine, Brynlee, Layla, Cadence
Boy: Tennyson, Walker, Tatum, Greyson/Grayson, Bentley

And the names Jesse couldn't sell me on:
Girl: Amelia/Amaliya (pronouced ah-mah-lee-ah), Belle, Bella 
Boy: Austin, Locklin, Logan, Dane, Landon


I look forward to seeing your thoughts on our choices!


No comments:

Post a Comment