Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall Lovin' Folks


In our house, fall is the most wonderful time of the year.

I miss home!
September and October are my favorite months of the year. I love feeling the weather slowly get cooler, pulling out my sweaters and comfy boots, watching scary movies, and drinking warm apple cider. Halloween is my favorite holiday and plus it's my birthday month.  But really, there is just something about the crispness in the air and watching the leaves change that somehow makes it impossible to not be happy.

The leaves beginning to show.
A picture my dad sent me a few years ago.
So as you might imagine, being a New Englander and all (the land of the best falls ever), we take our falls seriously enough to sit down together and plan all the fun events we'll do and when. So far this is what our schedule looks like:

 Buy a candle (DONE)
Have apple cider (all month long baby!)
Take a trip through the fall leaves (Oct. 4th)
Pick apples (Oct. 11th)
Make an apple pie (Oct. 12th)
      Celebrate my 23rd birthday (Oct. 14th)
Go through an old cemetery (Oct. 17th)
Go through a corn maze (Oct. 18th)
Watch a scary movie (Oct. 18th)
Go to a pumpkin patch (Oct. 24th)
Carve Pumpkins (Oct. 25th
          Roast pumpkin seeds (Oct. 25th
      Jump in a leaf pile (?)
     Go to a football game (?)
     Go to a Halloween party (?)

    Also ,we started this tradition last year where every Tuesday is a soup for dinner:
 
    Tuesday Menu

Oct. 7th - Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Oct. 14tt– Cheese & Brocoli Soup
Oct. 21st- Chili (kind of a soup, right? No? Oh well.)
Oct. 28th – Clam Chowder (corn chowder for me)

And then we also have a special Halloween week dinner meal menu:

Sun- Dinner in a Pumpkin
Mon- Mummy Pizzas
Tues- Chowder
Wed- Pumpkin Waffles
Thurs- Double Decker Coffin Sandwiches
Fri- Zombie Hot Dogs

Which is practically all unhealthy but so delicious!

And last but not least, this year I even planned our Family Home Evening treats:

Apple Pie
Caramel Apples (which I've never had)
Tombstone Cookies
Pumpkin Shakes

 I am so excited to get started on our lists! I hope Penelope grows up to enjoy this season as much as her parents do!

So get outside and enjoy this sweater weather for as long as you can!

Happy hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment