Tuesday, May 20, 2014

So Close I Can Almost Taste It!

I have 6 more classes till I officially have my Paralegal degree.

In order to speed up this already very slow journey I've been on, I've decided to go to summer school. And yesterday was my first class.

I knew the best thing I could do since I've been out of school for a year was to start off with an easy class and one that I could enjoy, so right now I am taking...

Hollywood and the Law!

Yeah, how is that even a class?

But I'm not going to complain because:

1) My professor is K.C. Jensen. Easily my favorite law professor ever because he rarely gives homework and if he does it is seriously the easiest thing ever. Today I had to write a 1 page, double spaced paper on why I chose to pursue a paralegal degree.

2) This class has absolutely zero tests. And 1 project. Which can hardly be considered a project because all I have to do is bring in a few movie clips about a law situation, or how it's being applied and explain why.

3) All we do is watch law movies. Nothing like Double Jeopardy where it's not really about law but movies more like Erin Brockovich and To Kill a Mocking Bird. (I will admit I'm not crazy about the few required R-rated movies we need to watch but is it wrong if I'm slightly excited to have an excuse to watch the Lincoln Lawyer?)

So anyway, this will be complete school bliss for 4 weeks. Until part 2 of this summer semester happens and then I will have no life.

For now I will enjoy my (somewhat) freedom and dream about how close I am to having this degree completed.

-T


No comments:

Post a Comment