Saturday, May 17, 2014

Today I Am Tired

I don't normally complain about being a mom because the truth is most days I love it. But some days...

Today is one of those days. You know, when you think you much rather switch places with your husband and go to work and come home to a nice hot dinner, a clean home, and a happy baby. (Except that he wont be coming home to any of those things today.)

It started off with me being tired. I was feeling a little stressed out the night before and it resulted in tossing and turning all night.

Penelope slept through the night without waking once (hallelujah!) which made me hopeful that today would be a good day.

But it went down hill fast.

I guess she didn't have as restful of sleep as I thought because she has been so cranky today. I've spent my day trying to appease her but it's a hard job when she's not even sure herself what she wants. She'll be crying, reaching out her arms for me to pick her up, and then I do and then she cries even more. So I put her down. I tickle, I kiss, I pat, I soothe,we read, we dance, we sing, we go outside, all to no avail, and eventually we're both crying.

I started out patient but by 1pm I realized:

 I. Am. Tired.
This about sums up what I've looked like today.
You know, the kind of tired where you realize you're not just physically tired but emotionally as well. And so, after my 5th attempt at getting her to take a nap (none which resulted in success) I put her in her crib, gave her a kiss, told her I loved her and practically ran went to take a shower.

You want to know the best part about showers when you're a mom? All you can hear is the water. Beautiful, wonderful water. No crying, or screaming, or whining, just water. I never thought I could be so grateful to just shower.

But on a happier note when I got out, she was asleep. So now I'm back to being a some what sane person again.

I think.

If I ever was.

-T


No comments:

Post a Comment