Friday, May 30, 2014

(Mid-year) 2014 Favorites

This Sunday is June, which feels crazy because despite the warm weather I feel like it's still February. To celebrate this year being half way over (and to have an excuse to blog) I've compiled a list of some of my favorite things of this year. So here we go:

1. Horchata.

This drink is amazing! It's like rice pudding in a drink form. I especially like this brand--sooo yummy!


2. The Fault in Our Stars

I am in love with this book. It's a perfect mix of tragedy and comedy, making you want to laugh and cry at the same time (which of course I did.) Also, I've never found a better character then Augustus Waters. He's officially my fictional crush.


3. Divergent (the movie)

It wasn't my favorite movie (however still very good) but it was easily the most anticipated which is why it makes the (mid-year) 2014 favorites. 



4. www.scarymommy.com

Basically, I owe her for helping me keep my sanity most some days.

5. The Selection Series

It's basically the Bachelor and The Hunger Games combined. Perfect for the hopeless romantic who also likes dystopian in the mix.


6. Jogging strollers

I am so glad I made the decision to go with a jogging stroller. Even if you don't jog they're amazing. They go over every bump without a problem and they're nice and roomy for the baby. Most people complain about the heaviness of them, but I really don't find them much heavier than my travel system stroller.

7. Turquoise

I am in love with all things turquoise.


8. The Pie

Seriously the best pizza ever. And practically what I crave 24/7.



9. Mill Creek Canyon

After a long week nothing beats going on a scenic drive and having a fire in the great outdoors. (And it's basically the closest thing I can get to pretending I live in New Hampshire.)



10. And this baby:

Easily the cutest baby in the entire world (but I'm not biased or anything.)



Bonus: #11: Summer. Which really doesn't count because (thankfully) I can expect it every year.




2 comments:

  1. gah! i love this and pretty much all this stuff (except dalin is the horchata lover and I have never heard of the pie pizzeria or scarymommy.com). i need to read that selection book because it sounds like the type of thing i'd be interested in. also, penelope is adorable and i always pretend i'm in new hampshire. midway, utah is like my favorite place i've been in this state because it reminds me so much of home!!! and last but not least, i love your little signature thing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Olivia! The Pie Pizzeria is only located in the Salt Lake Valley and Ogden but seriously, if you ever come to salt lake you must eat there. I even love the environment of the first one (but it just might be me.) It's in a basement and has people's names and writing all over the cement wall. It has a college feel because it's right next to the U of U campus and the pizza is to die for. It's won best pizza in the state of Utah for the last like 20 years so you know I'm not exaggerating. Also, the Selection is amazing. It sounded stupid but it is actually has more depth then it would seem. However, be prepared because it's a lot like the other dystopian novels in the sense that there is a love triangle (but for once I want the protagonist to end up with neither. The last book of the series just came out earlier this month and I'm like number 512 on a list of 800. It's funny you like Midway because I LOVE Heber. I told Jesse it's the only place in Utah I could live and truly be okay. (Heber is the town literally next to Midway.) Though I do like Midway. The only reason I like Heber a little more is because it's a little less ritzy than Midway. But if you're rich and don't want to live in the city Midway is the place. And thank you for the compliment on Penelope and the signature. I stole the idea from you to be honest. But I found this great blog that has TONS of cute fonts (for free) http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete