Wednesday, April 16, 2014

8 Months Today!

So there isn't a really a lot of new things she can do but here are a few that come to mind:


  • (This one she's been able to do for a month but I forgot to mention last time) Penelope army crawls everywhere! She is really fast too.
  • She can get in a crawling position all by herself and likes to take one step and fall down. 
  • She loves going down the slide! 
  • She signs I love you, more, daddy, and mommy now. She also tries to sign bird but does it the opposite way which is super hilarious to watch. I think she's trying to sign music/dance because whenever music is on she makes the same sign but it only slightly resembles the actual sign.
  • She likes waving hi and bye to people.
  • She is getting more comfortable with strangers.
  • Being outside is her favorite.
  • I'm not a huge fan of a baby her age watching TV or movies but occasionally I'll put on a baby show if I'm in a hurry to go somewhere and need to get ready. But she really enjoys watching the colors and listening to the sounds. She especially loves singing shows.
  • She likes to roll onto her stomach when we put her down for bed.
  • She loves her food (are you surprised?) and eats 3 food meals a day. We have yet to feed her something she refuses which makes Jesse and I super happy! The other day I gave her horseradish mash potatoes and she made a face at first but kept grabbing the dish for more. And yesterday I gave her spinach which I was sure she'd dislike but kept signing more to me. 
  • She is starting to become a momma's girl. When she wakes up in the night she only wants me and if Jesse gets her you'll hear her scream "Mama! Mama!"
  • Speaking of sleep we haven't really gotten much lately since we think her top teeth are coming in. 
  • She loves the Signing Time theme song.
  • Old McDonald is still her favorite song to sing and play to.
  • Penelope loves to lay down in the bath and splash and move her arms like she's swimming.
  • She has become a toy snob much to my dismay. Getting into everything is her new favorite pass time.
  • She loves the feeling of linoleum.
  • The kitchen is her favorite place to play.
  • She'll growl if you growl.
  • She is no longer afraid of the vacuum after she went over to it and let it suction her arm up itself. I think she finally realized it's not dangerous. 
  • But now she's afraid of the blow dryer and she'll yell mama over and over until I turn it off.
  • She hates diaper changes all of a sudden which makes for diaper time a frustrating experience and requires a bit of creativity.
  • She'll sometimes let me leave the room without crying. Which is major progress.
  • She loves flicking the light switches on and off.
  • She can recognize who Jesus is. Or at least she gets really excited when we show her different pictures of him.
  • She'll give anyone a kiss but me including her stuffed animals. I'll ask her if I can have a "kissy" and her reply is almost always a whiny cry. She will give me hugs though!
  • She loves playing with her older cousins.
  • She loves when I sing and sign the song Kookaburra.
  • She is a ball of energy 24/7. Especially at church. I am always exhausted by the time church is done.
  • And lastly, I'm pretty certain Penelope's favorite part of the day is when we brush her teeth. She loves sucking her strawberry tooth paste off her brush.
Playing with the camera! Her favorite toys always seem to be the things that aren't really toys.


Everyday is an adventure with this little one! We are so happy to have her in our lives!


-T

No comments:

Post a Comment