Thursday, April 3, 2014

Our Not So Exciting News

It's really kind of embarrassing that I was so confident that Jesse would get the job that I mentioned earlier last week that we had an announcement.


Right now I was supposed to be writing about how excited we are to have Jesse start his career. I was even going to announce we were moving to Orem to be closer to the job.

This has been a teachable moment for sure. Don't count your eggs before they've hatched. And certainly don't make an announcement about it before hand.

Well, Jesse didn't get the job. So now all I have to share is that life seems a lot more gloomier than usual. I don't intend to make this a depressing post but I have a feeling it will go in that direction. This has been the most stressful year of our life as we've watched all our dreams we've been saving for squashed by using that money to live.

In a way I'm grateful because if we hadn't been cautious and saved in the past I don't even want to think about the situation we'd be in now. But it's hard to watch our savings dwindle and have no hope that our situation is going to change.

The truth is, I'm tired of people telling us to keep our head up and be patient. Have a little faith. Because that's what we've been doing for the last 9 months and not a single thing has changed. We've extended almost all of our options...what are we supposed to do when we've tried every single last thing?

It's hard not to feel angry. I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to direct my anger so I've decided to direct it towards our poor economy. I hate stupid Obama for making our country worse off than it was when President Bush was in office. And I'm sick of the reports he keeps putting out that speak of how jobs have increased. Granted, we're only one family, but all we've experience is the LACK of job opportunities.

But that might be a different rant. And one I rather not get heated on over the internet. So I'll end it there.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to go wallow in my self misery while I think of our bleak future...

-T

1 comment: