Friday, November 28, 2014

26 Days of Thanks



Even though Thanksgiving was yesterday, I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to share what I was thankful for this year (but really, every year.) I've listed 26 things for every day in November leading up to the most delicious holiday of the year:

1. Our Savior, Jesus Christ. He died for me to so I could utilize the atonement and return to our Heavenly Father.
2. My husband who is the greatest dad to our daughter and a loving companion to me. He's my best friend and I love knowing we have each other for eternity. He is the peanut butter to my jelly.
3. Our daughter who has taught me more about being selfless than I ever even knew was possible. She has made my life so rich and I'm grateful that she has given me the gift of experiencing a type of love I never knew before.
4. Temples that make it possible for me to be sealed to my husband and children for eternity and for being a wonderful escape from the busyness of the world.
5. Being able to be a stay at home mom so I can teach our daughter to love the Lord and make learning fun. I am so happy I've been able to see all her "first."
6. Jesse's job which he loves and gives him the opportunity for many advancements. It also pays our bills and makes it possible for me to continue being a stay at home mom.
7. Our families here and across the United States for raising us to be hardworking and good abiding citizens. Who raised us and loved us and helped us become who we are today.
8. Our apartment & landlords for having a big and comfortable place to live while also living with people we love and have become a lot like family. Penelope knows them as Grandma & Grandpa.
9. Our friends who have become close confidants, who understand the wonderful and sometimes hard parts of parenting. They are wonderful people who we always enjoy being able to spend time with (and make game night that much more hilarious.)
10. Our country that my ancestors have fought hard to keep free and safe. I'm proud to be an American!
11. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints which has given my life more purpose but has helped me understand who I am. I am a happier person because of it.
12. Books that take me to a completely different world. I always get a little sad at the end of a book because I feel like you never quite feel that magic the same way again. But I am also very grateful for the books that always make my heart happy (I'm talking to you, Harry Potter.)
13. Being able to be (mostly) healthy. I have had so many weird health problems this past year that it has made me especially grateful for the days I feel awesome. Being able to workout (I hate it...but I also love it) and feel good about myself and work towards a goal.
14. Lists make me happy. There is nothing better than being able to cross something off a list, even if it's one of the most meager things.
15. Food because something that tastes amazing instantly makes you happy. And being happy is something to be grateful for.
16. The beautiful world we live in. I love traveling and I love going to new places and enjoying the different cultures and traditions of an area. It is always incredible to me to see how vastly different just the United States can be. I love so many places I don't know how someone can just choose one place to live!
17. Holidays that allow us to celebrate different things. Halloween doesn't really celebrate anything...but it'll still be my favorite holiday no matter how old I am!
18. Seeing good people in the world. You turn on the news and it feels like there is so much wicked in the world. It's nice to see people still provide service to one another.
19. The little things in life like snuggles, a good laugh, and big smiles.
20. The smell of a campfire and the crispness in the air that makes me feel alive.
21. Music that makes me want to dance or sing or cry. "Without music, life would be a mistake."- Friedrich Nietzsche
22. Electricity! Many of my friends and family who lost power on Thanksgiving and were unable to celebrate it (with the food that is.) I love my warm showers, microwave, Netflix.
23. Papertowels....because once who have a kid, you better understand the importance of being able to clean things quickly, and then throw it away.
24. Board games because without them I have no idea how life would be fun. That is clearly an exaggeration but I seriously can't imagine a world without them.
25. Short(er) hair that has given me the gift of time now that I don't need to spend a ridiculously undisclosed amount of time blow drying and straightening. Curse you Italian-Portuguese frizz hair!
26. Heaters because I am always cold and they help just a little bit more.

Happy holiday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment