Friday, August 15, 2014

My 2 Week Summer Vacation

So my summer vacation officially started two Wednesdays ago and officially ends in five days. Which is really, really lame but I suppose school is, you know, kind of important, and truthfully I just want to get it done.

Anyway, we've been trying to make the most of this little freedom we have, keeping busy, having fun, and catching up on tons of laundry.

Just in this week I've gone to a relief society party (that was kind of easy to attend because our landlord hosted it. It required me to walk 10 whole steps upstairs ;), dinner with my uncle from out of town at Ruth's Diner (their deep fried Mac-n-cheese is so yummy!), dinner with the family, doing lots of party planning and shopping, and just last night we had a super fun game night with some new friends (we played Pandemic & Forbidden Island, which I really recommend if you're into teamwork games.)

Seriously, so much fun!
And on top of that, Redbox has awesome timing and has sent me two free movie promos for the weekend. Maybe for once there might be time to snuggle with the hubby and watch a movie.

Today is reserved to getting everything together for Penelope's first birthday tomorrow. I will be spending most my day in the kitchen making cookies and cupcakes for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully they come out good...admittedly I am not the best cook/baker...

Next week we have Penelope's birthday pictures, possibly going to 7 Peaks with some friends, and, unfortunately, I go back to school. Sigh.

You can expect some cake smash pictures sometime next week!

With love,


No comments:

Post a Comment