Saturday, July 20, 2013

Things I'll Miss When I'm No Longer Pregnant

It has been way too long since I've written anything on my blog. Truth is, I've had way more important things to be taking care of. Like getting Penelope's room together and figuring out post-baby stuff. And frankly, I'm not even sure anyone read this thing. But seeing as my pregnant body has decided that sleep is an unnecessary function I now have time to update the blog.

I am so exhausted. But I try to remind myself there are things I am really going to miss when I'm no longer pregnant. Here is a small list of what I'll be missing:

Babies kicks and squirms
Okay, so obviously when she's here I'll get to cuddle, kiss, and love on her as much as I could ever possibly want. However, I think I'm going to miss the kicks I get  that wake me up in the mornings and the occasional freaky, yet cool, hand or foot sticking three inches out of my stomach. I can be having a bad day or just be so over this pregnant thing and then she moves or kicks me and reminds me of how much I love her and how happy I am to be having her.

Eating without judgement
I really, really like this one. My coworkers point out often that every time they see me I'm eating something. And they would be accurate. I am hungry all the sticking time. It get's very annoying; I never thought eating could get so annoying. But I can eat anything and no one ever thinks, "wow lay off the sugar fatty." I eat relatively healthy and all but I enjoy being able to eat a donut and not feel like people think anything of me. I'm pregnant, so people expect that I'm going to eat.

Confidence
This is not to say I won't be confident once I'm no longer pregnant but I am way less self conscious when I go out now. I don't wonder if an outfit makes me look fat, I know I look fat, but for all the right reasons! My belly is generally the thing that gets people's attention now a days, therefore taking less emphasis on my frizzy hair or tired eyes. And regardless, people are always telling me how cute I look or how I'm glowing (which somehow I've missed?) I love going out and feeling like I look good. People tell me pregnancy really suits me and I for once agree.

Random People's Generosity
Ever since I've had a noticeable bump (and even more now that I'm about to pop) people love to go out of their way help me out. People will run to doors just to open them for me. Whenever I drop something on the ground, which is very often, people will walk over from across the room to give me a hand. When I forget something, or move slow, people just smile and tell me it's alright. Another thing I really love is the random gifts I receive. People I hardly know, or don't even know at all, will bring in gifts for little Nella. I've received home made blankets, bibs, booties, and hats, from total strangers just because they're excited for me. I'm always amazed when someone I've helped at work one or two times comes in and remembers my daughter's name, or cares enough to ask me how I'm doing and if there is anything they can do to help.

Lack of expectations
Is that bad or what? I feel bad admitting it but...I really love having an excuse to relax (i.e. be lazy.) When I'm tired and need to take a nap, people are okay with it. Or if I'm too tired to make dinner, my husband is always ready to take on the challenge. If my apartment isn't spotless people understand. And if I'm running a little late, people are understanding. Baby will not care about these things. She won't care how tired I am or if I have a headache or something. She needs me 24/7 and expects me to be at her beckon call no matter what time of the day it is. So I am milking this one for the next few weeks...


Even though it's tough at times (a lot of times...) I know I'm going to miss being pregnant. And even though I've told my husband a thousand times that I am never, ever doing this again, I know a time will come when I will be excited to go through this all over again. I know all the sickness and aches and pains will be worth it the moment I get to hold my little cutie in my arms.

Now to continue reminding myself that for the next 2 + weeks...

:)

Have you ever missed being pregnant? What did you do in the last few weeks of pregnancy to make it go by faster?


1 comment:

  1. One of the hardest things for me is knowing that the pregnancy part of my life is over. I LOVE being pregnant! I enjoy it all except for the part of not knowing if my baby is ok. That was always the hard part for me. I sure do love the pregnant part though!

    ReplyDelete