Thursday, June 25, 2015

4 Years

It happened at the oddest time.

We had just finished walking around Hoover Dam and were about to head back home to good old Salt Lake City, Utah.

I was only 19 but I knew I was going to marry this man.

We drove for a few hours when we realized we needed some gas. Jesse filled up the car and hopped back in. I looked at him and said, "When we get back home...we should look at some rings."

I couldn't believe those words came out of my mouth, but they were true none the less. Finally, I was no longer resisting the inevitable. For months I avoided the conversation, making up silly rules to stall the process, the point of dating to begin with. I was young. I was afraid. I knew nothing about love, let alone marriage, yet I knew I want him to be fine forever. 

He gave me the cutest little sly smile and the rest of the drive home was just a little bit sweeter.

A month later, he got down on one knee in the very place we had our first date. Even though I knew it was going to happen eventually, he caught me off guard, and took my breath away.

Three months after that, we were sealed for time and all eternity, in a temple that has always been special to me. It was the happiest day of my life.

And how fast these 4 blissful years have passed. We've graduated from college, we had a child, we've gone through trials of job searching and pregnancy. Most days were mad crazy about each other, some days were mad and crazy at each other, and yet there isn't a single thing I'd change. He is my best friend, my confident, and the love of my life. Some may think that we were young and crazy (What am I kidding? We're still young and crazy!), but I can't imagine creating a more beautiful life together.


Happy anniversary, babe!

I'm glad you're mine forever.
I love you.


1 comment: